Are these some of the questions being asked within your corporation?
- How do we reach the opportunity of increased sales within the Canadian marketplace?
- Do we need to establish a physical location within the country?
- Do we need to place and hold inventory in a Canadian distribution center?
- Do we need to establish a legal Canadian entity to do business within Canada?
- How do we reach this market opportunity without incurring multiple layers of operating costs?
The answer is Non-Resident Importer Program [NRI]
What is an NRI? A non-resident importer (NRI) is a company that does not have an actual physical presence in Canada but imports into Canada under its own name. As an NRI your selling price to Canadian customers can include duty, tax and even freight. You gain control over your complete supply chain.
Our Non-Resident Importer program can assist United States based companies with registration, help keep in compliance and ensure that your company can access the Canadian market with relative ease.
How we can help
- Remain in compliance with the regulations of the Canada Border Service Agency
- Achieve consistent customs clearance processing
- Determine your landed costs upfront
- U.S. Manufactures’ can as a nonresident register for HST/GST tax with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). TQS Logistics implementation team will assist you in this process for ease of setup
- Real time purchase order and tracking management, Customs and Warehousing management through TQS technology tools
- Improve imaging and archiving of customs documents
- TQS Logistics cross-docking eliminates the costly inventory function of a distribution center
- TQS Logistics cross docking will maintain the value-added functions of consolidation and shipping. Inbound flows (from suppliers) are directly transferred into outbound flows (to customers) without warehousing
- Shipments spend less than 24 hours in the cross dock facility
- No inventory costs
- No distribution center warehousing fees
- No distribution center manpower handling fees
- No Information Systems Hardware purchase expense
- No facility lease space expense
The pricing program is simple:
Participating Manufactures through the TQS Logistics cross boarder distribution system will be charged a manageable distribution pricing formula:
Cross docking & Canada wide Distribution=’s
(Customs Duties -Taxes + Inbound freight charge + Outbound LTL freight charge) = Delivered Price to your Canadian Customers location.